It’s that time of the year again when people whip up some wishlist and thrust upon their unassuming friends. I contribute to this yearly tradition. Here’s my Christmas wishlist, which is basically just books.
- Brown Girl Dreaming – Jacqueline Woodson
- The Thing About Luck – Cynthia Kadohata
- And the Mountains Echoed – Khaled Hosseini
- If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love – Rachel Swirsky
- After the Fall, Before the Fall, During the Fall – Nancy Kress
- Doctor Sleeping – Stephen King
- The Lady Astronaut of Mars – Mary Robinette Kowal
- The Man Who Bridged the Mist – Kij Johnson
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry – Gabrielle Zevin
- The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches (Flavia de Luce, #6) – Alan Bradley
You may think 10 books are a lot, but I’ve actually narrowed it down already. As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I’m currently writing a novel, but I still find some time to to read novels in between breaks. Juggling writing and work is definitely time-consuming already, but I cannot not read books.
Right now, I’m devouring Mary Downing Hahn’s All the Lovely Bad Ones, which is great, so great that I haven’t slept yet. I think I’ll be able to finish it by tomorrow!
What’s on your wishlist, folks? 🙂